At the annual FMA Women’s breakfast, Renee Adams, Francesca Cornelli, and Michelle Lowry introduced the concept of AFFECT.
We surveyed members on:
- Their own status, in terms of research productivity, conference attendance, seminar invitations, etc.
- Their relationship with the department, including for example whether there was a person that had/ was serving as a mentor
- Time spent on research, teaching, and service
- Questions related to work / life balance
- Factors that affected their ability to attend conferences, network with people outside of their institution, etc.
- Full results can be found here: