AFFECT is sponsoring a series of virtual seminars that will provide an opportunity for junior scholars, especially women, to present their research.
The first seminars will be held on Tuesday, June 16 from 2:00 p.m. until 3:20 p.m. EST.
Artificial Intelligence, Firm Growth, and Industry Concentration
- Tania Babina, Columbia University
- Anastassia Fedyk, University of California, Berkeley
- Alex He, University of Maryland
- James Hodson, Jozef Stefan International Postgraduate School
Big Fish in Small Ponds: Human Capital Mobility and the Rise of Boutique Banks
- Janet Gao, Indiana University
- Wenyu Wang, Indiana University
- Xiaoyun Yu, Indiana University
Income, Liquidity, and the Consumption Response to the 2020 Economic Stimulus Payments
- Scott R. Baker, Northwestern University
- R.A. Farrokhnia, Columbia Business School
- Steffen Meyer, University of Southern Denmark
- Michaela Pagel, Columbia Business School
- Constantine Yannelis, University of Chicago
Thomas Philippon, New York University
Laura Starks, University of Texas at Austin
Marco Di Maggio, Harvard Business School
Victoria Ivashina, Harvard Business School and
Heather Tookes, Yale University
Second AFFECT virtual seminar
The second AFFECT virtual seminar will be held on Tuesday, August 4 and will focus on financial institutions and crises (submissions related to the current coronavirus crisis are especially encouraged). The call for papers for the August seminar will be distributed in mid-June.